As a field service engineer you will be responsible for maintaining, servicing and repairing of a wide range and ever-expanding general laboratory equipment. Our service offering covers all makes and models, not just our own brand.
You will be covering the whole of the UK, but the majority of your work will be in London and the South East. Some travel away from home for short periods is required.
In addition to planned calls, you will attend reactive calls. You will also be expected to promote the full portfolio of products and service offerings when attending customer sites. We encourage input and any recommendations to the service department on changes for cost savings and performance improvements.
• Provide first-line technical support to external or internal customer’s by giving advice via the telephone and/or by visiting the equipment on site
• Repair, PPM service and installation of equipment and related monitoring systems
• Perform IQ/OQ/PQ, temperature mapping and calibrations
• Carry out testing to ensure accurate fault diagnosis
• Remove equipment to workshop as appropriate, where the detailed diagnostics and investigation can be more readily achieved, dismantling equipment when necessary and replacing faulty parts
• Build and maintain positive relationships with customers, delivering high standards of customer service.
• Sell service products and generate product leads for sales team
• Complete the required number of service calls per day as directed by the service manager
• Ensure satisfactory levels of parts stock at all times.
• Coordinate with Customer Care Team in order to ensure effective planning, organisation and delivery of service call schedule.
• Ensure accurate and timely completion of all required paperwork and reports using simPro service software.
• Adherence to health and safety practices and procedures.
• Provide recommendations to the service manager on changes for cost savings and performance improvements